First Solar (FSLR) is set to report Q3 earnings after the close with a conference call to follow at 4:30pm ET. FSLR reports right after the bell and provides additional details in a presentation shortly ahead of its call.
Current Capital IQ consensus stands at EPS of $0.66 on Revenue of $985 mln.
Shares of FSLR are holding steady at the $40 level ahead of the report. Shares hit a 52-week low of $33.74 on September 20 and are up over 20% but buyers have been unwilling to move in above the $40 level. The company needs to show it is meeting the worries about 2017 head on and that the concerns in the markets are overdone before it can press back toward the $50 level. This stands as a key quarter for the company.
- Net Sales $3.8-4.0 bln (Was reaffirmed in Q2);
- Gross Margin (GAAP)- 18.5-19.0% (Prior 18-19%);
- Operating Expense $380-400 mln (Reaffirmed);
- Operating Income $310-370 mln (Prior 300-370 mln);
- EPS $4.20-4.50 (Prior $4.10-4.50);
- Operating Cash Flow $500-600 mln (Prior $500-700 mln);
- CapEX $275-325 mln (Prior $300-400 mln);
- Shipments- 2.9-3.0 GW (Unchanged)