Alphabet (GOOG, GOOGL) is set to report Q2 results tonight after the close with a conference call to follow at 4:30pm ET.
Current Capital IQ consensus stands at EPS of $8.04 on Revenue of $20.77 bln.
- Q1 GOOGL saw one of the top and bottom line misses (GOOGL does not guide) but the strength of its core business remained evident and a pick up in revenue at some of its 'Other' business units was encouraging for investors. Growth trends remain positive in mobile search, YouTube, and programmatic which should help drive results. Investors would like to see GOOGL produce a beat similar to FB.
- The stock has been trying to break out ahead of the report as expectations are high. GOOGL will need to meet these expectations in order to rally back to the $800 level for the first time since February.
- With regards to FB it should be noted that GOOGL's forward P/E stand at 19.3x compared to 25.2x for FB. As arguably the two best tech companies on the planet at the moment these valuations will be watched closely
Key Things to Watch
- Revenue Growth
- Operating Margins
- Aggregate Paid Clicks- Q1 was down 3% q/q and up 29% y/y; Q4 increased 22% on Google Sites.
- Q4 Aggregate Cost-Per-Click-
- U.K. Exposure
Click here to listen to my podcast and learn about my theory on the similarities between relationships and the stock market.