IROBOT (IRBT) is scheduled to report 3Q17 results after the close today with a conference call at 8:30am EST Oct 25th.
Capital IQ consensus calls for EPS of $0.51 ($0.70) on revenues of $204.5 mln (+21% Y/Y).
- Last quarter, IRBT beat two-analyst estimates for both EPS and revs and raised FY 17 guidance.
- The co also announced an acquisition of Robopolis and there was a Bloomberg report of a 5% Softbank stake
- The co guided for FY 17 EPS of $1.80-2.00 (+28% at the midpoint) on FY 17 revs, Including the Robopolis deal, sees FY17 revenues between $840-860 mln
Spruce Point Cautious Commentary
- On September 13, Spruce Point came out w/ more cautious commentary on the co.
- The report highlighted the entrance of SharkNinja into robotic vacuum market.
- Spruce believes SharkNinja to be ‘a credible threat to iRobot' due to its track record w/ traditional vacuums and blenders
- See report
From a technical standpoint, the stock is broken. Looking for the 60 range for a potential bounce. If you want to front run it look for resistance at 83.
I don't want to try to catch a falling knife on this one,